Featuring 1:64 scale diecast vehicles of all makes and models.

Saturday, August 15, 2009

1950 Chevrolet 4-Door


This is my Father's 1950 Chevrolet 4-Door, which he is doing a full body-off restoration and customization. I found out that a scale model of this exact car was made by Solido, but in 1:43 scale. It's not 1:64 scale, but as far as I've been able to find out, this is the only model of any scale that's ever been released of a 1950 Chevrolet 4-Door. I happened to find 3 different models online and purchased them, with the intent of customizing one to look like my Dad's real-life version. He's already said he's not going to have whitewall tires on his custom, so the tires off the police car version below will be the one's I use, along with this car supplying the model I work with. He's already channelled 1972 Chevrolet Nova taillights into the body area below the trunk lid, so I will have to remove the stock taillights from the 1:43 scale version. He's decided on a two-tone paint scheme, white roof over blue body, so as soon as he settles on which shade of blue he's going to paint it, I can get serious at starting my custom version of his real one. He's not devoting a lot of his time to work on the car, so it might be awhile before he finishes his version. I hope to have my miniature custom finished long before that. Stay tuned for updates on the customization process!

Solido 1950 Chevrolet 4-Door 1:43 Scale


Solido 1950 Chevrolet 4-Door 1:43 Scale


Solido 1950 Chevrolet 1:43 Scale

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like both the full scale and smaller scale will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have this same model in a Yellow Cab or Checker Cab version. It was very similar to the orange one shown.

    ReplyDelete